Success in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success in Texas

Hey boys, I'm just back from my hunting trip to Texas. We encountered a vast range of weather. Sunday it was 80F, Monday 30F with winds blowing 35mph gusting to 50 and Tuesday started out at 9F ending last night at 27. I saw a decent range of deer, coyotes, Bobcats and hogs. A few of the deer on Sunday would be potential shooters, but I held off. Despite the opposite of what I learned of deer movement during cold and high winds, I sat on a box blind along a narrow shooting lane at a property corner. A bitterly cold north wind was hitting me in the face the entire morning. This nice 10 point buck came trotting in, nose to the ground sniffing for a hot doe near the feeder, 130 yds away. I watched him chase for 20 minutes before getting my gun on him and dropping him with a .300 Win Mag shot in between winds gusts. All in all, I'm stoked to have had the opportunity to mark Veteran's Day in this fashion and take away a beautiful trophy and tasty meat.

I ended sitting all day Tuesday with one of my best friends, Shannon, helping him to spot his deer. We saw a nice large 8, but just couldnt get the shot right for him. We met some great new friends from Mississippi and hope to hunt with them again sometime.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunt1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	997.1 KB
ID:	9275Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunt2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	829.5 KB
ID:	9276Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunt3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	9277Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunt4.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	765.6 KB
ID:	9278

Righteous Bro, Nice !

Comment

That's a nice buck!

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Thanks Gents. I'm really happy about him.

Comment

Your a KILLER Nomad...... nice Buck!

Comment

Thanks Drillin. He's at the taxidermist already and I'm looking forward to seeing him up on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
              Thanks Drillin. He's at the taxidermist already and I'm looking forward to seeing him up on the wall.
              What? All of it, or just the head? Gonna look fucking weird a whole buck coming out of the wall!

Comment

Fuck off Pongo

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Originally posted by Pongo View Post

What? All of it, or just the head? Gonna look fucking weird a whole buck coming out of the wall!
                  Yes, just the shoulder mount.
                  However, I did keep all the hide, so I might do a butthole bottle opener with the rump. Class up the joint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1811.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9334

Comment

Haha

Comment

im here in texas and have always wanted to go. my aunt owns a ranch out past fredericksburg with some large populations of whitetail and some exotics, but never organized it.

Comment

Originally posted by Salt View Post
                        im here in texas and have always wanted to go. my aunt owns a ranch out past fredericksburg with some large populations of whitetail and some exotics, but never organized it.
                        Time to do it. Especially with family land.
                        I learned allot about these hunts. Next time I'll do things differently and with another outfitter.

Comment

Working...
                        X