Some cool DCS news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some cool DCS news

- We have been working on a single player / multiplayer dynamic campaign system that operates in real-time (not generate between missions). The first step has been the design and creation of the Real Time Strategy (RTS) element that considers resources, strategic nodes and routes, war production, ground forces, strategic objectives, ground force route planning, and tasking orders based on a side’s objectives. The DCS dynamic campaign engine will evolve to cover the economic aspects such as factories, warehouses and materials logistics that transport resources. All become valuable targets that will be visible on the map and available for game play for both AI and human pilots.

We now have the RTS element of the dynamic campaign running within DCS World, and we are working on user interface that will allow to configure a campaign and will be used to tune the RTS engine. There is considerable work to do on the interface, details of all military orders and package creation/coordination, and unit AI tuning. The engine is built on a neural network that allows us to create realistic dynamic campaigns based on machine learning principles. Our current estimate is that the dynamic campaign will be ready for beta test in 2021.

- We are in the process of developing a new cloud system that will support several types of clouds including cumulus, cumulonimbus, cirrus and the variations thereof and, of course, we’ll also include multilayered cloud structures.

- we will release the beta version of our in-game Voice Chat component for DCS Core later this year that will allow integrated Voice Over IP (VOIP) in DCS World. Stage 1 will be rooms for the two sides, Stage 2 will be released very rapidly and consists of user created rooms, and Stage 3 will be based on the radio modulation and frequency. We are sure this will add a great element to online play.

Nick Grey mentioned that more than 50% of staff are working on non-module related items. Any insight into what the items are that are actively being worked on at this point?

Indeed. Regarding non-aircraft and map projects that focus on the core product, some of the big ones are:
    • New terrain engine
    • Dynamic campaign
    • New graphics engine
    • Improved night lighting
    • FLIR rendering tech
    • Ground radar tech
    • Air-to-Surface radar rendering tech
    • Improved weather (clouds, thermals, humidity, etc.)
    • New and improved effects
    • Integrated VOIP
    • Aircraft AI improvement
    • Updated replay system
    • Improved unit visibility
    • Improved sound engine
    • Improved network code
    • And other more confidential aspects…

There is more info here.

https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-am...r-matt-wagner/

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Seems that they are really trying to build the electronic battlefield of our dreams. The Ingame Voice would be really nice to have. The Champaign...yeah we will see. I am more looking forward to there next weekend news, there should be something about the carrier.

Windows® 10 Pro | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 120GB SSD | 1 X 500GB SSD | 1 X 1TB HDD | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Oculus Rift S | TS Warthog, Cougar FSSB, MFDs

Comment

next weekend news, there should be something about the carrier.
      Yeah, looking forward to the carrier .... hopefully its playable when released and not too buggy...

Comment

Good find BD. I only hope I'm not to old and grey to enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazbo View Post
          Yeah, looking forward to the carrier .... hopefully its playable when released and not too buggy...
          Well, if the previous few months of ED's "bug fixes" are any indication, we'll probably land on the carrier and then have the wires slingshot us off the bow at mach 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
            Good find BD. I only hope I'm not to old and grey to enjoy them.
            Haha you and me both buddy.

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Haha playable in beta 2021......I actually listened to this interview with nick grey, didn’t really inspire any greatness haha, I got the ‘we re the only show in town so suck it’ vibe.

Comment

With the new MS Flight Simulator and Microprose there could be a new cowboy in town sooner or later

Windows® 10 Pro | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 120GB SSD | 1 X 500GB SSD | 1 X 1TB HDD | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Oculus Rift S | TS Warthog, Cougar FSSB, MFDs

Comment

Any more news one that Snapper? Any screens etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonedust View Post
                    Any more news one that Snapper? Any screens etc?
                    Youtube dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Snapper View Post
                      With the new MS Flight Simulator and Microprose there could be a new cowboy in town sooner or later
                      They look great but no boom booms! Ask, Ghost, he knows about $2 dolla boom boom.

Comment

Still boring as fuck

Comment

Yup

Comment

Still waiting for the Microprose news

Comment

Originally posted by Drillin View Post
                              Haha playable in beta 2021......I actually listened to this interview with nick grey, didn’t really inspire any greatness haha, I got the ‘we re the only show in town so suck it’ vibe.
                              Yeah, I got the same feeling. Without any true competition, they can be smug. For now...
                              But this switch over to fixing the Core and closing out their backlog of E/A, is a good move. Sadly, it came at the expense of the F-4 and AH-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X