Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally the F18 jockeys got there new toy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practiced with the TGP on the range yesterday. I’m hitting targets dead on with laser mav, jdams hit right next to target, and my laser guided bombs don’t even get close. Anyone else seeing things like this?

Comment

Yep. BD and I flew last night and the LGB's don't look like they are following the laser at all. Not one of ours came close to any target we lased.

Comment

Thanks Cas, guess it’s another ED fix to come.

Comment

OK, got some more time to dick with them tonight, loaded 4 x double gbu 12 LGB's and the TGP, put a bunch of APC's out and shacked all of them with the laser, even tried changing target while the bomb in flight. Shacked all 8 bombs right on what i was lasing. So heres what i did.

-Double check that TGP laser is of course armed
          -try it with the default laser code (1688) now you have to code every pylon (step through them and make sure that the bomb code reads the same as the TGP code) so i have found that some of the codes are really fucky but theres a couple that work.
          -set LGBS as follows (MODE AUTO, MFUZE OFF, EFUZE INST)
          -Find your target and designate it (throttle designate DEPRESS) double check that you have this mapped) this is what designates the attack steerpoint.
          -Fly steering line to drop
          -Make sure on TGP the TGGR is boxed (this makes it so you fire your laser manually)
          -Pull trigger (it is first detent on my warthog) the symbology will change from L to LTD/R If you let go of the trigger the laser stops firing so you have to hold it until impact
          -Blow shit up and beat chest like manly men.

Stop fuckin around you pussys get er DONE!!!!!

Comment

Yep, did all that. I’ll Try it out some more when I get back home.

Comment

Try it in single player maybe its an online bug

Comment

Thanks Drill, I’ll try it out.

Comment

Did everything the same except on my stick I have to pull to the second detent. I can't see why that would matter since the laser is firing but I'm going to test it because I am doing exactly as you posted and have had 0/36 bombs hit. GPS no issues and laser Mavs no issues.

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Im gonna test the server here in a minute

Comment

OK SO......there seems to be something fucky with the TGP and ramp start, i noticed that when i ramp started in the server, that the LTD/R actually toggles and doesnt hold, which is screwing the guidance up on the bombs. Still investigating.....

on single player with an already airborne jet....works no problem.

EDIT: Ramp start in single player......no problem........sigh, another ED online bug

Comment

For fuck sake. I spent a few hours frustrated trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and it turns out to be yet another fucking bug. You should post that on the ED forum bud.

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

it looks like its already posted, but theres some guys working on a work around (using CCIP dropping the nose, using this setting using that setting etc) of course ED hasnt said a word about it so its an LOL for me. Will work on it again this evening.

Guys can you please check for yourselves though in SP mode to make sure it works for you as advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by Drillin View Post
                            Guys can you please check for yourselves though in SP mode to make sure it works for you as advertised.
                            Work's for me in SP 8 drops 8 hits , might be something going on with server, This should'nt be a problem but last time I checked on the Nellis training server looking on the F-10 map all the target's are blue not red but that should'nt stop hits on them. While lasing a target holding down the trigger to second detent I have seen the laser stop firing and jump back to L/Arm pulling the trigger back to second detent until you get LTD/R a second time seems to keep bombs on track . I will jump on the Nellis server later head out to the range

Comment

Just Tried the Nevada server nothing hit , all laser guided bomb's missed targets. Must be a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Drillin View Post
                                it looks like its already posted, but theres some guys working on a work around (using CCIP dropping the nose, using this setting using that setting etc) of course ED hasnt said a word about it so its an LOL for me. Will work on it again this evening.

Yes sir it works in SP.

Comment

Working...
                                X