Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally the F18 jockeys got there new toy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally the F18 jockeys got there new toy.

Hi there,
    in the actual patch notes you can read the following:
    • The initial release of the AA/ANQ-28 Litening Targeting Pod (WIP). Other modes like air-to-air mode, INR tracking, additional HUD symbology, and slave to target point, and other functions will be added later in early access.
    So there it is but for me it sounds almost useless without the slave option fx, am I wrong?

Next big system is the Harpoon according to ED.
    Why is it not possible to finish one system and move further before you start another.
    Windows® 10 Pro | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 120GB SSD | 1 X 500GB SSD | 1 X 1TB HDD | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Oculus Rift S | TS Warthog, Cougar FSSB, MFDs

Originally posted by Snapper View Post
    Why is it not possible to finish one system and move further before you start another.
    Because clearly that's not how ED does things. Their main focus is to push cash grabs, which requires a good portion of their programmers, taking away from finishing anything let alone being able to add features that are supposed to be being added according to a Schedule™.

I do get that they are a company, that they need to make profits so they can pay their people and make money (it is a business after all), and that to continue to operate they have to maintain a steady stream of income. But the unfortunate reality with most of these online companies like ED is that the uneven cash flow - due to the very nature of their work - creates the situation where the primary drive isn't to release a finished product, but instead to push as much new shit out that people will pay for that they can. Then what happens is you get exactly what we're all dealing with now - a bunch of half finished crap that they slowly abandon while they keep pushing new "shineys" people will pay for. You can rest assured that the F16 will be just as much of a clusterf*ck as the F18 has become - and we'll still probably be dealing with "features" that are missing in the Hornet even then. To top it off, we - the customers - are a large part of the problem, because we continue to buy their shit instead of keeping our money and forcing them to fix / complete things before we buy new stuff.

I don't necessarily mean to be so negative about this, but I'm just tired of the BS. Stop screwing around with new shit and give us a finished product. That will definitely help drive people to buy more in the long run, and sustain their business.

Comment

Originally posted by Casimir View Post

Because clearly that's not how ED does things. Their main focus is to push cash grabs, which requires a good portion of their programmers, taking away from finishing anything let alone being able to add features that are supposed to be being added according to a Schedule™.

I do get that they are a company, that they need to make profits so they can pay their people and make money (it is a business after all), and that to continue to operate they have to maintain a steady stream of income. But the unfortunate reality with most of these online companies like ED is that the uneven cash flow - due to the very nature of their work - creates the situation where the primary drive isn't to release a finished product, but instead to push as much new shit out that people will pay for that they can. Then what happens is you get exactly what we're all dealing with now - a bunch of half finished crap that they slowly abandon while they keep pushing new "shineys" people will pay for. You can rest assured that the F16 will be just as much of a clusterf*ck as the F18 has become - and we'll still probably be dealing with "features" that are missing in the Hornet even then. To top it off, we - the customers - are a large part of the problem, because we continue to buy their shit instead of keeping our money and forcing them to fix / complete things before we buy new stuff.

I don't necessarily mean to be so negative about this, but I'm just tired of the BS. Stop screwing around with new shit and give us a finished product. That will definitely help drive people to buy more in the long run, and sustain their business.
      +1 buddy

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

This is why I am NOT preordering the Viper.

Comment

tried out the TGP today, works pretty damn well.

Comment

Awesome! I saw the vid today but didn't realize it was released. Just in time for my new computer build. Parts ordered....let the build and swearing begin, in a week or so.

Comment

Yes but your INS is broken again. The old bug which we had month ago is back. The distance to you STP0 will be hundreds or thousands. This will break your S.A. page too. Some guys reported that there probs are limited to OPFOR and AGRS hornets.
              I found this work around posted by one of the mods:
              08-01-2019, 07:23 AM #30
              BIGNEWY

Hi all, we have a work around while the team investigate this INS align issue.

Update INS via TCN

1. Coordinates of the first waypoint can be used to set own coordinates after INS align completed
              a) on HSI page choose wpt 0 using PB12 "up" or PB13 "dn", then press PB14 "WPDSG"
              b) on HSI page press PB7 "UPDT", press PB7 "DSG", press PB6 "ACPT"

2. In the case the plane has moved since start of the mission: you can use TCN position update after INS align completed
              a) TACAN beacon data must be saved in MC
              b) turn on the TACAN and set channel and band of the beacon, set T/R mode; you must receive bearing and range
              c) on HSI page press PB7 "UPDT", press PB6 "TCN", press PB6 "ACPT"
              Windows® 10 Pro | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 120GB SSD | 1 X 500GB SSD | 1 X 1TB HDD | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Oculus Rift S | TS Warthog, Cougar FSSB, MFDs

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
                Awesome! I saw the vid today but didn't realize it was released. Just in time for my new computer build. Parts ordered....let the build and swearing begin, in a week or so.
                Bah...just customize a Dell computer; less of a PITA.

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Originally posted by Drillin View Post
                  tried out the TGP today, works pretty damn well.
                  You are talking about the "Targeting Pod" and not a new flavour of pudding right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonedust View Post

Bah...just customize a Dell computer; less of a PITA.
                    It's like golf, swearing is part of the fun and tweaking every ounce of performance is the rest of the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post

It's like golf, swearing is part of the fun and tweaking every ounce of performance is the rest of the fun.
                      My wife hates my golfing etiquette; clubs flying profanity etc.

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

You forgot 'crapping pants' etc....

Comment

Naw, she's use to that knucklehead.

Comment

There's a few video's out that goes over function of the TGP but Redkite I think had one of the better one's here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snpgsO-vwu8

Comment

Working...
                              X