No announcement yet.

Those Looking At Oculus Rift S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Snapper, thanks for the review. It will be my next purchase. Enjoying the Rift but will build a new puter first. One question, can you expand a little more on the eye glasses problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Casimir View Post

LOL - serously? And here we all are, playing warplanes...
        WAY different.............nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
          Snapper, thanks for the review. It will be my next purchase. Enjoying the Rift but will build a new puter first. One question, can you expand a little more on the eye glasses problem?
          I wear glasses and purchased a set lenses from https://vroptiker.de/ to place them inside the RIFT. Mine have a ZEISS light filter to protect the eyes against the blue-violet light too.
          They worked really well but with the ZEISS filter they cost you around 100 euros in total. The problem now is just that the frames of the linses have a different shape and because of that I have to buy new ones for the RIFT S.
          Will write Vroptiker a Mail, maybe I can get RIFT S frames for the existing lenses or I can sent them and they can change it.

Windows® 10 Pro | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 120GB SSD | 1 X 500GB SSD | 1 X 1TB HDD | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Oculus Rift S | TS Warthog, Cougar FSSB, MFDs

Comment

Ok thanks, I bought lenses for the rift from Widmo.

Comment

Hey Crazy -

Not to Necro an old thread, but how do those lenses from Widmo work on the Rift S? Pretty easy to use? And do they in any way obstruct part of the view through to the Rift lenses / screens?

Comment

I loved them in the rift CV1. The install in the S is different but easy. I am likely going to buy from Widmo again. Delivery was quick all the way from Poland and quality was very good. Visual was great. Now with S being able to telescope I’m hoping I can increase my field of view. With glasses on I have the lenses extended as not scratch the lenses with my glasses.
                Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 10-18-2019, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X