Those Looking At Oculus Rift S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Looking At Oculus Rift S

In my opinion this video illustrates why the Rift - S could be a big improvement in simulation with the clarity of letters. See 6:35 of the video.

Wow. I'm now tempted to get the S just for what I saw with Elite Dangerous. The Rift is already good in E, but that video shows how much clearer and crisper the screen will be in the sim.

Comment

The text is sharper and the SDE is reduced quite a bit. I guess I'll see this week hopefully.

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

For those of you who don't play Elite Dangerous, that game is spectacular in VR. The visuals are just stunning. To see it that crisp in VR would just be icing on the cake.

Comment

I play Elite, if you look for a system called Ebana, you will see it says it is the home of The Syndicate. That's my group, we were the 2nd group in the whole game to get our own Player Minor faction after the Mercs of Mikunn.

Comment

Originally posted by Pongo View Post
            I play Elite, if you look for a system called Ebana, you will see it says it is the home of The Syndicate. That's my group, we were the 2nd group in the whole game to get our own Player Minor faction after the Mercs of Mikunn.
            Cool man. I actually play 100% in Solo mode. I dislike PvP immensely, and am an Explorer anyway, so for me it's just about checking out the far reaches of the galaxy. I'm currently about 30,000ly from the Bubble rimward... I'm trying to reach the most distant spot I can in the Outer Arm Vacuus. I started the journey quite a while ago (didn't play for a few months), and now it kind of sucks - I don't have a surface scanner installed. So that's the first thing I plan on doing when I get back. My "home base" of sorts is Witchhaul.

Comment

Lol space nerds.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drillin View Post
                Lol space nerds.....
                Haha

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Originally posted by Drillin View Post
                  Lol space nerds.....
                  LOL - serously? And here we all are, playing warplanes...

Comment

Exploring for space hookers.

Comment

Space hookers are easy to find in Elite, you just go to a system called Bedahoe

Comment

Originally posted by Pongo View Post
                        Space hookers are easy to find in Elite, you just go to a system called Bedahoe
                        BENDAHOE LOL! Im guessing Pongo has a great deal of experience with bending hoes?

Or is he the one getting bent over?

Comment

Space hookers aside, any one get the S yet?

Comment

They don't start shipping until 23rd of this mouth

Comment

Oh, OK. Oculus sent an email today saying that they’re shipping. A Best Buy 60 miles from my house says I can pick it up in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X