Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED guy charged - F16 manuals

https://www.standard.net/news/milita...I-A1HCePZx1EsE

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift

I wonder what the legal grounds is for this, i understand the export issue but for fucks sake, they have the manuals for sale on ebay?!!? that should already void any classified information argument

Comment

Does this mean a delay in completing the already delayed F/18C
      Last edited by Kestrel; 05-16-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

No idea.

Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift

Comment

I can't believe that this won't cause problems for ED. How much is hard to say, but I can see this creating grief for them. I don't think the US can really do much to ED as a whole, as they are a Russian company, but it's possible the US could try to bring some kind of scrutiny on them as a result of this (based upon espionage or who knows what other international concerns or charges). If I had to guess, I would suggest that it's not as much the F16 stuff - particularly if it's the Block C model, as that was sold internationally - but the stuff related to the F22 and other aircraft that are what really got this Oleg guy in trouble.

But that's all conjecture, because who knows at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X