Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application to Enlist in VCAW-1

Hi all.

I'm Redwing, from Toronto, Canada. By way of background, I have about 18 months experience with DCS, most of which has been time spent in the F/A-18 Hornet. I would estimate I have about 1000 hours of flight time or so in it. I'm interested now in advancing my skills. Flying solo or casually with some friends on TTI or Hoggit has been fun, but hasn't done much to focus me on building some technical skills. So, while I'm reasonably proficient with most aspects of weapons delivery (A2A and A2G), I'm crap at, for example, A2A refueling. (And my brevity comms are a bit rusty, for sure.) I'm looking to fly with people who are enjoyable to spend time with, who aim to fly seriously, and who are constructive in their interaction with others. IRL, I'm a corporate transaction lawyer, with 25 years deal experience in the tech sector, including aerospace.

In addition to general background information, you've asked for details on certain specific points. Here are my answers to those items:
    • Your location and / or Time Zone
      • Toronto, Canada / Eastern Standard Time
    • Your flight simualtion equipment (HOTAS or stick / throttle type)
      • Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS / Stick + F/A-18 Stick
      • Thrustmaster TPR pedals
      • TM Cougars x 3 + Cubesim monitors
    • Your head tracking equipment (TrackIR, VR, etc.)
      • TrackIR
      • Samsung C49HG9x QLED monitor
    • Your flight simulation experience
      • Approximately 1000 hours in the F/A-18 Hornet.
      • Approximately 150 hours in the F-14B Tomcat.
      • Another 150 cumulative hours variously split between the JF-17 and F-16.
    Thank you in advance for your consideration of my application.

Best regards,
    Redwing

Last edited by Redwing; 03-27-2021, 10:21 AM.

Nope no way we can have 2 guys here from Ontario.............

Welcome Redwing I ll shoot you an onboardong pack here in a bit.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the quick response and welcome, Drillin!

I'll look forward to receiving the package in due course.

Cheers!

Comment

Welcome another Canuck!

Alienware New Aurora R9 | Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K 8C/16T R0| NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC 11GB | 2 X 1TB SSD | 16GB Dual Channel Hyper X FURY at 2666MHz | 850W EPA Gold Liquid Cooled power supply | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Welcome, Redwing!

Comment

Redwing,you are in because you are from the centre of the universe. Welcome. PS never mind the Canuck's fan.

Comment

Working...
            X