Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in Joining

Hello.

I would like to join the CAW1 as a Hornet pilot.

I have a decent experience on the aircraft.
    I can manage CASE 1 recoveries, Air Refueling and a bit of Air to Air combat; no experience yet in Air to Ground though.
    I'm at GMT 0:00 time zone (Europe).

I have long time experience in flight sims, since European Air War, Jane's WWII Fighters, iL-2 Sturmovik all series, FSX and lately iL-2 The Great Battles. I started with DCS a few months ago, mostly to get experienced in modern jet carrier ops.

The main reason for joining the squadron is to learn together with other experienced pilots and obviously to enjoy flying with other people. So if there is any vacancy, I'd like to join.
    Thank you.

Cool. You found the forum. One of the Euro guys will be in touch soon.

Welcome to the wing.

Alienware New Aurora R9 | Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K 8C/16T R0| NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC 11GB | 2 X 1TB SSD | 16GB Dual Channel Hyper X FURY at 2666MHz | 850W EPA Gold Liquid Cooled power supply | Oculus Rift S

Comment

Welcome, looking forward to fly with you!

Comment

Hi mate, welcome here.

Windows® 10 Pro | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 120GB SSD | 1 X 500GB SSD | 1 X 1TB HDD | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Oculus Rift S | TS Warthog, Cougar FSSB, MFDs

Comment

Welcome bud

Comment

Varjak please check PM's

Comment

Seen. Thanks!!

Comment

Please, just a question:
                I'm installing the open beta... I guess I will have to install the aircraft , supercarrier, and the terrains in the open beta too.
                Does this mean I will have to go through the downloading process again, or is there a simpler way by coping files from the "stable" version?...
                Thanks.

Comment

Ok, just in case someone needs to do the same, here is how:

Method 1) The hard way. Install the Open Beta from the remote server, then install your modules using the Open Beta interface. The updater will look for your "release" version and when found (if you are lucky) it will copy all necessary files from your original modules, then downloading only the new files for the Open Beta.

Method 2) Much easier and (most probably) faster. You make a copy of your "release" version with all your modules on it, and use the updater command prompt to update the whole install to Open Beta. Detailed instructions in this link https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030. Not advisable if you are not experienced with running Windows command lines.

I had already installed the Open Beta so I used Method 1. A bit time consuming, but it's ok.

Comment

Welcome Varjak! Excellent suggestions.

Comment

Hi, welcome, where are you based?

Comment

Originally posted by markturner View Post
                        Hi, welcome, where are you based?
                        I'm Portuguese, but at the moment based in Accra, Ghana. GMT 0:00.

Comment

Working...
                        X